Modernista Earth Friendly Apartments
Korman Residential's Modernista Apartments offer the best in Eco and Earth-Friendly design and renewable materials. The focal point of our large Modernista Apartments, is the designer kitchen, which provides residents with the best in-home culinary experiences possible.
Inspired by the Modernista movement in Barcelona, Spain, our spacious Modernista kitchens bring together architecture, art, energy efficient appliances, and locally sourced natural materials, to create a beautiful, spacious and functional design. These large modern designer kitchens feature the best in stainless steel appliances and backsplashes, ceramic glass stove top ranges, and an extra deep sink with a single lever faucet.
Plus these eco-friendly designer kitchens offer maple flooring, luxurious glass accents, natural maple cabinets, and modern track lighting. However, the kitchen is only the beginning of these sleek, spacious and sustainable apartments, as we have extended our commitment to quality and community life throughout the apartments open floor plan and inviting social spaces.
Modernista Apartments feature the following earth-friendly components:
- Carpet: SmartStrand® with DuPont™ Sorona® polymer contains ingredients made from corn sugar with 37 percent of the carpet fiber from renewably sourced ingredients replacing petroleum.
- Custom Engineered Wood Flooring: Contains 74% pre-consumer recycled wood from renewable, fast-growing U.S. based southern pine that would have been thrown away, so the rainforest is protected and U.S. manufacturing reduces the carbon footprint.
- Paint: Zero VOC paint contains 0% volatile organic compounds which contribute to smog.
- Tile: Contains a combined 37.4% pre-consumer and post-consumer recycled material content.
- Dual Flush Toilets: High efficiency toilet (HET) uses no more than 1.6 gallons per flush, saving 4,000 gallons of water on average annually.
- Low-flow Showerheads: Reduces water consumption by as much as 50% and the energy cost of heating the water by as much as 50%.
- Cabinets: Regionally sourced FSC Certified wood with 100% recycled pre-consumer material.
- Counter: Contains recycled material and no urea-formaldehyde.
- Backsplash: Stainless steel containing recycled material.
- Energy Star Rated Appliances: Energy efficient appliances result in utility bill savings.
Korman Residential’s luxurious Modernista Apartments are available in Pennsylvania (PA), Delaware (DE), New Jersey (NJ) and Florida (FL). Many of them are in close proximity to urban cultural areas, community parks, mass transit, and bike trails. These locations include:
- Haverford PA
- Bala Cynwyd PA
- Philadelphia PA
- Hatboro PA
- Ambler PA
- Wilmington DE
- Bear DE
- Newark DE
- Clementon NJ
- Palmyra NJ
- Temple Terrace FL
Read More about Modernista Apartments:
- Saving Energy and Money this Winter and Beyond
- Cooking Lessons from Korman Residential's Modernista Apartment Kitchen