Beyond Mums: Fall Decorating Tips
Beyond Mums: Fall Decorating TipsPosted by Korman Res | Beyond Mums: Fall Decorating Tips
‘Tis the season for apple picking, hayrides, and pumpkin-flavored EVERYTHING. Autumn’s arrival also brings bold colors and a beautiful landscape – the perfect inspiration for updating your apartment home decor. Even if you don’t consider yourself artsy, crafty, or even good at decorating, these simple, inexpensive ideas will really up the “wow” factor of your home this season.
- You know what they say about first impressions. An accent table in your foyer or entryway, decorated with interesting gourds or pumpkins, silk fall leaves, and a bowl filled with cinnamon or pumpkin pie-scented potpourri, will welcome your guests with the sights and scents of autumn.
The Living Room
- A small splurge on a few autumn-hued accent pillows and a soft, cozy throw will do wonders for your living room. Choose pillows in bold reds and warm gold tones, and drape the throw over a chair for a welcoming spot to snuggle up and read a book.
The Dining Room
- Turn your dining room table into a showpiece by adding a warm-toned table runner, some mini pumpkins, and a candle nested in a bowl or hurricane, surrounded with walnuts and acorns. Choose autumn-hued placemats and table linens.
- Nothing says fall quite like cozy flannel sheets!
Throughout Your Home
- Fill a tall vase with bare branches from your yard or a craft store.
- Arrange pumpkins, gourds, fall leaves and pheasant feathers on your fireplace mantel.
- Add warmth with patterns such as plaid or houndstooth, and fabrics such as chenille or flannel.
- Simmer apple cider with cinnamon sticks on your stove to fill your home with the scent of just-baked apple pie.